domenica 23 novembre 2014

ellie vs budget

Hi! since I'm home and I'm spending time with family and boyfriend I have not so much time to spend on the blog. So I didn't post anything yesterday but I want to write something fast today ^^


e l l i e    v s    b u d g e t

There is a sort of new mode in cosplay which is characterized by posting a image of a cosplay and write near it all the cost infos such as materials, fabrics, conctact lenses and so on. A lot of cosplayer showed that for do even a cosplay that may seem simple there is a huge cost while others tryed to say the opposite.

A lot of people felt tired by this and posted something against this mode saying "no mattere how much do you spend, just have fun!". I think it's completely right, by the way everyone has a budjet, everyone has limits. I think for which concerne marerials may be important to show the costs.

Just for someone new who doesn't know which material pick and how to use it but knows very well how much he can spend for cosplay.

I did a lot of cheap cosplay because I'm a student and I have not so much money to spend for this hobby xD often I started a cosplay only when I found the fabrics on sale. (that was with my officer vi cosplay). I picked also the materials in base of the cost. that was because I had a budjet of 50€ max for cosplay, all included (wig, shoes, materials, fabrics, lenses and so on). this didn't let me to try some material or better quality colours. Now I decided to spend little by little and do one big cosplay for year and try different materials to improve the quality of my costumes.

I still have the Idea that having fun is important but even stay into a small budget sometimes may be the main point.

photo by Il fantasma del Castello
photo by Fiora Luna

I leave here a pair of photos of my Officer Vi cosplay. It is one of my cheapiest cosplay because I already had wig and lenses, I found fabrics on sale and I used cardboard as main body for the hands.

that's all folks,
ellie

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento